Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Gadgets


I'm hooked on gadgetry. I have three different book lights, and I'm researching one that hangs around your neck. (Probably not good in bed, though - might strangle you in your sleep.) I have an automatic pot stirrer (battery operated) -it stirs your pudding, sauce, whatever, constantly, while you go out to have a smoke. This is strange because I normally only cook once a year, on Thanksgiving. You never know when you might need it though! I have that board to put frozen meats on that will defrost in half the time. I have things you put in the microwave to keep things warm, and other things you put in the freezer to keep things cold. I'm overjoyed when we get a new gadget magazine in the mail - I was looking at one yesterday that has covers for the edges of furniture so your cats can't claw it up. Yes!!!
(Cats - they multiply around here without actually breeding. Started out with one, went to two, then four - then someone moved back home and brought two more. Like I said - they just COME. And they never die, no matter how old they get. I think the oldest one is about 15 now and just keeps on, really admirable. How old is that in people years?)
I have a whole gaggle of battery operated-rechargeable-solar operated-wind upable- radios, flashlights, weather alarms, tvs, lights and what not. It makes me happy. Although half the time if the power DOES go out, I a.) do not have batteries, or b.) they're not recharged. So we light candles.
One thing for sure - the kids will have one heck of a garage sale when I'm gone! Whatever. Wait till they get in that attic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home