Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 11, 2006

Where we were on Sept. 11

Update: The link no longer works. Because we are no longer allowed to see anything that would be disparaging to those who want to kill us. I guess.

I was at work, with the radio on. At first we thought it was a small plane that had accidentally crashed into the tower. Then the second one hit. It was frustrating because there is no TV here; we got online once and saw a picture on CNN, after that we couldn't get online anymore. All I wanted to do was go home and gather the family up.
It's five years later, and I am still mad. Oh, and by the way,here's a link where you can watch the Palestinians dance in the street that day:
"Happy"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at work, like most people, in Charleston working on my Japan design project. Somebody told me about what happened after the first plane crashed into the first building. I don't know how he found out - somebody probably called him.

I knew right away it was a terrorist event and said out load that I thought it was Bin Laden. We paid attention to CNN online for the rest of the day.

I was spending 12 hours a day in the office working on that project, and for the rest of the week we had TVs going in the office to watch while we worked.

The odd thing was, I was supposed to make a business trip to Boston on the nbext day, September 12th. I was supposed to fly into the same airport one of the planes flew out of. I was a little nervous, and relieved when the airlines were shut down.

- Glenn

10:50 PM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home