Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The end of solitude

Bob is coming home tonight.
While he has been gone, I have been eating mostly appetizers for dinner -generally spreadable cheese on crackers and cocktail nuts. It has been so nice, that I think I will continue on with it.
And, I have seized control of the TV remote. I mostly only watch one channel, so I don't use it much - but I HAVE IT. I glance over at it every once in awhile, just to make sure.

This reminds me:
Years ago, if I got mad at Bob, instead of yelling I would hide the remote; usually under the piano. He would look under every stick of furniture, except the piano for some reason. I found that the term "lately" can be configured to mean anything. For example: "Have you seen the remote lately?" the response can be "No" - if you haven't seen it in the last 10 minutes. Even if you saw it an hour ago. Then the next day, you can use the word "today" - as in, "I haven't seen it today." (true). This method saved a lot of yelling, and gave great satisfaction besides. I don't do it anymore, because we no longer have the piano, alas.

When I was home raising kids I had dinner on the table every night when he got home. Yes I did. But if I was mad at him, I would only cook things he didn't like. Night after night after... If it went on too long, I would have to be inventive.

But I'm a grownup now. Still - we may start having appetizers for dinner every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home