Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dadgum Christmas Cactus


Here's a big freaking Christmas cacti (bigger than it looks) that started out small when my whimsical sister-in-law gave it to me, after my mother died. (It's a very, very, VERY long story - that I still don't feel comfortable sharing; involving YEARS (many) of cover-ups and outright deceit. I'm still afraid that if I talk about it, Mom WILL KNOW.)
But, anyhoo, I have spent several years now hauling it out in the summer and in, in the winter - then it immediately blooms. I have to admit, it's pretty. And I put it in a bigger pot every year, so it is getting progressively bigger every year. Eventually it is destined to become a burden to my children. The main Cacti Killer has now gone to his reward; that can of Wet Food in the sky, so this plant will probably be around for a hundred or so years and will probably inflict itself on my grandchildren too - well, what can I say. Gotta leave a legacy.

I will post another pic when it has flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home