Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 16, 2007

The List

Ok, - floor mops and brooms have replaced electric can openers and toasters on my list of Public Enemies That Must Be Destroyed.

One fairly new sponge mop: in the garbage you go. Along with your convoluted chart for replacing the sponge; thought up by your crafty inventors. Grrrrr.

One fairly new broom with plastic handle: you're outta here. Both pieces of you.

We will either have to live with dirty floors or find something that works. To that end, we went shopping yesterday and bought a new one of each. I haven't done anything with either of them yet, except eye them suspiciously. So there they are in my kitchen, still plastic wrapped and leaning nonchalantly together in a corner. I really should separate them before they start conspiring against me.

The good news is that I have the can opener-toaster situation under control; but it took me YEARS and 6 or 7 of each tossed out. Bob would usually go salvage them after I threw them in the dumpster and so we had toasters-can openers EVERYWHERE for awhile. I'm glad that's over. Whew.

I hope he doesn't rescue that mop today while my back is turned....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swiffers are the only way to go for sweeping a kitchen floor, especially if you have pet hair. Instead of flying through the air the hair sticks to the Swiffer thingy.

3:46 PM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home