Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 09, 2007

A DAY IN THE LIFE

We were housebound this weekend; literally. The snow was too high to open the door, until we shoveled. Saturday, and again Sunday.

Meanwhile, the Shredder got a few new tricks up his paws: he actually opened the cupboard door in the bathroom, got out the spare wrapped roll of tp that was in there, unwrapped it and shredded it. He didn’t touch the one on the roller this time, guess he just likes new rolls. Bob wonders why he hasn’t touched the Kleenex boxes yet; he does all the other kinds of paper available.

And, now, instead of leaping into the glass of the aquarium, he jumps on TOP of the tank, and walks around, eyeing the fish. There are actually a few holes up there where he can go fishing. Or he’ll maybe just open the lid and use a rod and reel – I expect anything from him at this point.

And I woke up Sunday morning with a big scratch right down the middle of my nose, after falling asleep with the bedroom door open. Hmmmm.

This morning For The Very First Time – a box of Kleenex had been knocked off the table and some tissues pulled out, and shredded. I could swear he heard what Bob was saying, and thought he’d go for it.

In other news:

On Sunday, I thought I would do our income taxes, online, with turbo tax.

1. Heh.

2. Automic updates from two separate programs were installing themselves and slowing down everything, when I went to the upstairs computer. So I waited until they were done, and restarted the whole computer (30 minutes). In the meantime, I read over the tax information that I had in hand – and suddenly went into a panic, thinking that Bob’s Social Security benefits were taxable, after all. As soon as I could, I got on the IRS.gov site to read about it.

3. Irs.gov forms can only be read with Adobe Reader. Which my computer thought it no longer had. So I downloaded Adobe Reader 8 from the link at the IRS site.

4. It won’t install, because it has to remove the previous program first, which it cannot find. Ok, now I am totally off track from what I started out trying to do. (Taxes). Now I am in the Adobe support forums, etc. Two hours have gone by.

5. So I run downstairs and use the laptop. It can read pdf files very nicely, after waiting 10 mins for the load, but it has no printer connection. I read the IRS site, and am sure that we are in the soup.

6. I finally decided to run turbo tax from the laptop, even though it was slower. We came out ok, as far as taxes go; seems we have no income.

Well, that’s a comfort. But now I cannot print our tax form – so I saved it to the
laptop and then emailed it to myself – printed it at work today – and I had an
epiphany! of doing a whole system restore on the up computer for the Adobe
problem. From a month ago. Or a format even!

7. There is no seven.

8. Why is everything so hard?????

P.S. You cannot imagine how much trouble I had with the numbering in here. Or maybe you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home