Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool! April Fool!

Well, no, I am not going to trick you. That would require too much thought. But it is April 1, so have a happy.

We had Kyle & Ryan yesterday; it was a hoot. Kyle helped Poppa out in the yard most of the afternoon; Bob was cutting dead grasses down and Kyle would put them in the wheelbarrow (this word is too long; he just calls it a 'wheel'). But then Bob wheeled the pile over to the weeds and dumped it! Kyle says, "Oh, no!" and goes running, thinking this was an accident. Because he spent so much time loading the 'wheel' doncha know. And now Poppa has spilled it. We need to explain what we're doing in more detail.

He picked some of our flowers that he later used in some kind of scientific experiment involving water.

Then he discovered earthworms and brought one in the house to show Grandma,
Who.Freaked.Out. The next fifteen minutes he kept shaking his head, saying, "Grandma not like worms. No." Later he came and told me, "Kyle not like worms either" or something similar to that. This is a good thing. But he still had to go check them out every 15 minutes or so.

Well, he's a BOY! Snakes and snails and puppydog tails (let's hope not, on the tails.). I'm going to end up with all these small boys bringing me frogs and whatnots, thinking they're doing me something nice. I will have to get my act together. Oh, God, snakes....

I'm pushing the flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home