Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Stay Away!

We have the creeping-crud-stomach-virus-something, here.

Save yourselves.

Right now Lisa is the sickest, but Bob is still having side effects from 10 days ago in conjunction with side effects from medication, heart condition, etc. May have to take him to the hospital before this weekend is over. Of course, that's a fight.

I had it Wednesday night and Thursday; back to work Friday - the only way I could do it was knowing it was Friday.

Bob just saw the doctor yesterday (all day!) - doctors, grrrr. Ooops, sorry if you are one. But! It may be time to put on helmets, wade in, and clean house. He did pretty well the 3 months we didn't have insurance, when he saw NO doctors. As soon as he goes back - bam. Over medicated and over doctored, if you're asking me.

I just noticed that if you type the word "doctor" enough times it no longer makes any sense. Doctor, doctor, doctor. See? Maybe I'm still feverish.

In other news - I went outside today and fed the fish; and there they were - yup, all of them or as far as I could tell, since I don't know actually how many there are. But no floaters. I saw some I remembered. And the big monster orange fish is so big now he's a little scary. Several big green frogs - yay- perfect frogs, they look fake. I like frogs. But not in my house. (Little boys - hmmm). And speaking of that, there's a chance we will have even more little boys! Unless Julie has a girl. It doesn't matter, I'm just going to frog-proof the house, somehow. Kyle seemed to be ok with my anti-earthworm fetish but! Have to be careful and not let your guard down. Helmets. That's the ticket.

Speaking of Kyle - we were over there last week. He plays online games at noggin.com. He can manipulate a mouse better than Bob can, he opens the program himself, uses the scroll wheel - clicks on underlined links.... and does it for hours. Another year or two and he will be my new tech support, I think. (I guess it's in the genes?)

Tech support: I resolved my Adobe problems by restoring the puter to March 1. It worked. Now I can read irs.gov which I no longer need. I'm thinking about restoring to Jan. 1 and seeing if it resolves the usb ports issue, which I found a work around for, but still. But that may be a hardware issue.

This was the perfect weekend to have the First Cookout Of The Year. and we can't do it. Bah.

Oh, and all of our cars are breaking at once. But that's not news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home