Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here's The Bob


at David's house. That's Kyle bean over there playing with water. We were over there a week ago when Scott, Christine and Lydia came home and then the week went by so fast I never got back over there to pore over the family history with Scott, dang.

I feel this urgency to get the genealogy right because I'm old now (and trying to get into heaven) and probably someone will want to know something at some point, all our older relatives died off in a kind of hurry leaving us with no one to ask about anything. and they never offered me one of their kidneys, either but that's ok because I didn't really need one (at the time) who knows what will happen. Just kidding!

Does this make me kind of the matriarch of the family now and is that not scary. I don't think I can sit in a rocker and pontificate wisdoms to the grandchildren. All my wisdoms are written down in here. I know yall think it's all just whining and complaining, but it's why I got this blog thingy anyway; to whine and complain, and that's why it's called Half Empty, petes sake. You knew going in. I don't think Suzy Sunshine would get any visitors, at least I tend to edge away from people like that, myself, and they all tend to talk A LOT. I usually say something completely irrelevant during a gap in the talking, to show I was listening (not), like "garbage men are evil!" and wait for the Look - squinty eyed puzzlement. I rest my case.

What was I talking about? whatever it was, I WILL remember and inflict it on you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home