Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Blech

The snow is starting here today; just in time for my 50 mile trek to The Big City to do my civic duty as a juror. Why they have to come get jurors from a tiny rural village is beyond me. Probably there's no one in the Big City that hasn't been convicted of a felony; all I can think. Which I may be, by the end of it. No electronic devices (cell phones) etc. I assume no smoking either, the whole dang day. This will not make me happy; not that I'm happy to begin with. I have to call after 4:00 tomorrow to see if my services are required Tuesday. They will probably drag this out until May and ruin my vacation. Oh, yes, I'm sure of it.

And the ding dang birds are ignoring my spiffy new bird feeder, pretty much. I went out there today and unclogged the holes with a stick but I have yet to see one bird out there, although it looks like someone picked through the food and took the sunflower seeds. When do they do this? Ungrateful birds.

What I hate most of all today, is MUD. Only those of you with dogs can fully appreciate this. Let the ground freeze already, and stay frozen, until the grass comes.

kthxbai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home