Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 26, 2008

We're Back!

and sorry to be so. I know I did not post a lot while we were gone and I'm sorry, but I don't care. What a good time we had! We had wireless internet access but we were working with a
7" computer so it was hunt and peck and I gave it up. I will put the pics I took up in the gallery as soon as I can but today is not a good day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

Tomorrow we will get Mercy back; who may or may not be glad to see us, but one thing's sure - things will change around here. The cats are getting all complacent. Surely was missing when we got home, but Goodness showed up right away - he knows what's up.

Our direction finding program took us a different way than the kid's's - we ambled our way through the hills of West Virginny; all while I am not looking (eyes covered) and other various off routes but I think we ended up with the same travel time and less traffic. all good. and I bought power ball tickets in W. Va. Not at a little country store where the lady clearly did NOT like me (I think it was my hair; my hair dryer broke and it had tufts sticking up - my hair , not the hair dryer, although that may have had tufts, I don't know anymore. but it does not work.) And according to her the nearest place to buy tickets was at the "Bowl-A-Rama" or the "Show". ??!!?? All said disapprovingly. (hair, I think) We passed the "Bowl-A-Rama" but never saw a "show" and I did not feel properly equipped (shoes, shirt) about going into a bowling alley to buy lottery tickets so we found them at a gas station just inside the state line. And Mega Millions in Virginia - this being part of the Master Plan. Julie bought me the book "The Secret" for Christmas and since it was a self-help book and I already know how to help myself, I didn't read it much. Liz borrowed it and brought it with her on the trip and so, since I get up at dawn since I turned old, I found myself reading it while waiting for everyone to wake up. The basic premise of it is, I think, that you attract things to yourself, either good or bad, by your thoughts and attitude. So I am working hard at attracting lottery winnings to myself.

Tomorrow Plan B kicks in. Work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home