Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 28, 2008

Dead Plant

I have one in the trunk of my car. I brought it home from work so no one would find out.

When I came back to work after being in the hospital there was a lovely flowering plant sitting on my desk that the boss's wife had left there for me. What a nice thing! Unfortunately it turned out to be a very high maintenance plant; every day it would start drooping, then I would water it again, then it would perk up.

I watered it Friday! (I think I did I know I did I think I know I did...) But today, Monday, it was deader than a doornail. Dead dead dead. Water did not help.

So I had to get it out of there before the boss's wife came in. I told the boss to tell her I took it home; and that was not a lie.

and now I don't want to look at it. It can stay in my trunk a little while.

This is why I have anxiety.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beginning to sound like the Christmas Cactus conspiracy!

9:16 PM, July 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home