Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 08, 2009

Comes A Time In Your Life

when you really feel you can't be responsible anymore, for another living being's welfare. When you don't even really care about your own welfare, so long as no one else is being needy. When you just want Peace and Quiet. When you want to rest easy, knowing that all the children you had are safe, and secure and can take care of themselves; and that your parents don't need you, either, for whatever reason. Which happens and is lots of the time, worse, because you have that guilt factor in there - well at least I did for multiples of reasons, none of which make sense, but I'm not trying to make sense right now. You don't even (or especially) want to deal with needy friends. (that would be the only kind of friends I ever had - which is why I made a point of never making any more of them). My GOD - do they ever care what's going on in your own life?? No; they don't.

I think it comes with age, because you get SO damn tired, at least I am. All of the worry and stress from raising kids and just damn trying to get through life ALIVE until the end of it all, wears you out. It's taking the responsibility for others that's a killer. And then if you have a spouse who gets ill and doesn't seem to know how to proceed, or flat out rebels, it's even worse. Well, like I say to all the plants I plant, "Live or Die!" It's your damn choice. I can't be constantly hovering because I will die too, someday; THEN WHAT?

DANG ROSE BUSHES.
(of course, I get sidetracked again, in the middle of a deep thought)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home