Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hitler Invades Poland (or, the Cucumber Debacle)

It's a wondrous thing. I highly recommend it. We have a lot of salad. Everything did really well.

BUT!!!

some things are really doing much too well. You all know what I'm talking about, I know you do. You can't really see them (they are so wily) - on the far right, behind the Mussolini Zucchini (also, grr) are the Hitlerite cucumbers that I promised myself, I would only plant 3 seeds of. But! - there were all these seeds, right? and people are starving in China! (this is how I was raised) - (does China need cucumbers?) I have their problem solved. Can we find a way to run cars on cucumber fuel? Cool! Are cucumbers native to North America - is that why they do so well? Where do they originate? My cucumber knowledge is sadly lacking. What, exactly, is a cucumber?

Anyway - they have invaded the beans, the peppers, and the radishes (we'll call those "Poland") - there are a million baby pickles spawning.

I'm becoming a little afraid of the lettuce, too. No matter how much I cut it it just GROWS BACK. My Dear God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

The raised beds look awesome. They've done so well!!

11:40 AM, August 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home