Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow

Well, duh! It's not like it should be a surprise, here in the "snow belt". But, here's the first big one and we have chaos.
Today, it took me 1 hour to get out of Chardon. That's 10 miles in one hour. This is good for my plan of doing incredibly tedious things to make it seem like I'm living longer.
There were HSMO™'s everywhere. But no snow plows. Didn't see one, in the whole hour. I don't care what anyone says, our township does not do a good job. For instance, the Lake Co. line starts at the bottom of Stukey Hill. There, the road clearing suddenly becomes better. (How I wish it started at the top of the dadgum hill!) But I decided not to go that way anymore when it snows, I take a flatter route.
And I would like to move 10 miles further south.

We have lots of snow here because it makes us appreciate summer. I plan to start summer in April, no matter what, during which we will have a cookout, and a transfer of fish ceremony, God help us, I hope there are not any more new ones! No matter what, because we need longer summers. The key word for this summer is: Badminton. Because I got a really nice set last Christmas from QVC that I didn't order, but nevertheless it was nice so I kept it, I'm pushing it this year. And we have a perfectly good net in the yard, don't we? Also, Bob has finished digging holes all over the yard (I think). So the yard is perfectly good, too. We also need a ... sand box! Although I have mixed emotions. There are strict criteria - drainage and cat proof; hose nearby to hose down kids...

Although right now my mission is to find sleds, but if I'm going to take the kids out there I need taller boots. So do they. Or any boots, for that matter, in their case. And mittens. Maybe this should wait for Christmas week when I have some time off. I remember when my kids were little by the time I got the last one dressed to go outside, the first ones were coming back in; a never ending process. I'm not sure that they were ever all outside together.

I had Alex overnight Saturday. He's so easy! And I wrapped the microwave cart in foam rubber so there were no bruises. Nevertheless he hit his head on the arm of the sofa when we were dancing... next time we only dance in the middle of the room. I call him Noodle, I should have called him Bungle3. Or is it 4? I don't know. probably 4. I will never forget the time I slipped in the lobby of the bank and slid all the way in on my rear. I just got up and said, "I'm here!" I thought I should say something. Everyone has to turn around and look, don't they? And a hush falls over the crowd. I suppose you all are not familiar with these experiences. Bah.

and the time in a wedding receiving line when my purse straps got entangled with the bride's flowers when I hugged her, and it almost took down the whole receiving line... because I walked away, unknowing.... but that wedding ended in divorce, anyway.

Or the time I got my finger stuck in a mail slot at the post office (trying to make sure my letters had gone all the way in). There was talk of calling the fire department. But everything always ends up ok! I mean, I'm not still carting a post office around with me, am I? Or a bride.

But it's probably best never to go anywhere or touch anything.

Tomorrow I will leave an hour early because it seems more snow is on the way. Whatever. Today I left half an hour early and got to work an hour late. No matter how hard I try, they won't fire me. Maybe tomorrow I will only be half an hour late.
Bah. They probably still won't fire me. Well, because the dog likes me. He bites everyone else.
But our new driveway snow plower showed up! This is good...I wasn't sure. I paid him in advance and you can never be sure. There are still some honorable people left I guess.

And how are things with you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bungle1 said...

Mom, you kill me! But being a bungle makes the world rock...someone has to create the butterfly effect that changes the world. Bungles have a foothold on that.

2:01 PM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home