Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hope


There is hope for the world. The crocususususus (croci?) are up. Maybe you can't see them here, but trust me. They are a little bedraggled, but definitely THERE. Ahahaha! (If you click on the picture, you will see a larger version - they are definitely there.) The long winter of our discontent is almost done. The croci know.

I have a picture somewhere, from last July, of the thermometer on the deck reading 100 degrees. I am going to rustle it up and put it in here. It gives me hope. Go, July! Go, go, go, go! High temperatures are so much, much less trouble than low temperatures. This is why I do not fear global warming. I think it will bring so much more good than bad. I don't think, I know. And we have no control of it anyway; think what you will. That's what I think. And this is my place where I write stuff. So I can write whatever I want to.

Aside from that good news -, we're doomed. Yes. Humans aren't as dependable as plant life. I suppose it comes from having intelligence, I don't know - maybe we should trust our instincts and take the survival route. We have intelligenced ourselves out of self preservation, and there the trouble lies.

But me - I am still alive, mostly, and healthy, mostly, and have dumbed myself down enough to realize that survival is the most important thing. Ok, I was helped along with this by scary stays in medical facilities (not mine, silly!). You realize that the breath of life is what is important.

Viva le July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home