Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Check....mate

My adventures in the grocery store continue. Last time I got behind someone trying to use one of those new-fangled cash transferring devices, commonly known as - "checks". Seems it's harder than you would think. And it seems to get harder the longer you've been doing it, say...50 or 60 years. Well, who knew?!? There should be some kind of warning, similar to the one on cigarette packs.
"Warning - the Surgeon General has determined that the use of these 'checks' may be harmful
to your health. Specific harm can be generated from the people Waiting In Line behind you,
while you try to figure all the ins and outs of "checks"; oh, and also, while you're at it - "how to Operate a Pen"(a new-fangled writing implement). Danger seems to increase
exponentially to the amount of time you have been trying to do it. Use at your own risk."

Well.

Oh - seems someone called my daughter a "baby killer" at her place of work, and I'm taking names.

By the way, we didn't "lose" in Vietnam - the rabid moonbat part of the American people lost us Vietnam; I hold them personally responsible for all the millions of deaths after we pulled out. There are many small brains out in the world, many of them owned and operated by Americans. Barking Moonbats.

Here's a link to someone trying to explain how the so-called "liberal" mind works: (it's worth watching)
How Modern Liberals Think

Off topic:
Happy Birthday to everyone born on the 26th & 27th! (You know who you are.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take checks all the time at work. I am surprised that people still write checks instead of just using their bankcards as credit to avoid the debit fees. I am going to start telling them how they can avoid debit fees and that they can indeed use their bankcards as credit cards because it pisses me off when they write checks. The only reason they do it is because it gives them more time to get the money into the account. They recently fired someone from where I work because she was writing fraudulent checks (NSF's) which totaled a great deal of money. I think she wrote a total of 8 checks shopping there; bear in mind, she was an employee. Apparently, she had done this at a different establishment in the same town but because that other establishment did not report her, we ended up hiring her. People who write checks are creepy.

7:32 PM, March 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday, a woman who later claimed to work at a bank, wanted to write a check for her purchase. Her name was not printed on the check, but her husband's name was on there. She wrote in her name above his printed name and signed the check. When she gave it to me, I became really dumbfounded that she would try such a thing. My line was really long. I had to go get the manager who explained to the nice lady that we cannot except that check. She said that she did not have any other form of payment...LOL! She said she has used the checks that way in the past with no problem. My manager informed her that we should not have accepted it in the past and that we are sorry but we cannot accept the check.

9:40 AM, March 31, 2007  
Blogger Sara said...

I cannot tell you how surprised I am, that I was not in line behind this woman. Someone messed up.

2:41 PM, April 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the meaning behind it, but there is a recurring comment on a "Mom" board I read that Walmart eats babies. I don't know the origin or what it's supposed to mean, but like I said it's a recurring thing.

6:05 PM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home