Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Arts


Here's the Shredder, planning to hurl himself at the fish tank to try and catch fish, I guess. He does it repeatedly, and he does it every single day. He HAS to have brain damage by now, it always looks painful.

I have started to do "paint by numbers". No, don't ask. It has to do with a supposed Christmas present arriving two months too late - maybe it was meant to be? On the other hand, the gene fairy did not hand me the artistic gene - probably thought the "bungle" gene would be more entertaining. And so it has proved to be. God has a sense of humor. Heh.

But, I paint. It is very relaxing. So far my picture looks like something an eight year old would do, but it is MY painting. I can make it look however I want. And no, you can't see it. Probably never. It will turn up in my closet of unfinished projects after I'm dead. I hope.

I thought for a minute about taking some classes, but I realize that they probably expect you to paint outside the lines. eeek. So I continue on with my "Water Lilies" by Monet. I have to say, it doesn't bear the least resemblance to the picture, so far. But we will see how it turns out.

There's one for Bob, too - horses - but he's rebelling. I thought it would help with his hand-eye coordination but I guess nothing will help with that.

That reminds me of when Lisa bought Joe a jigsaw puzzle, after he was diagnosed with brain tumors. And after Bob had brain surgery, she brought him one of those chained logic puzzles.

We are a strange bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home