Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Disney World and Cats and Dogs

Alex and his entourage are leaving tomorrow morning early for a week in Disney World. I can't say that I understand the attraction there but I hope they have fun. Meanwhile we are dog-sitting Shiloh.

Einstein is ecstatic. Shiloh is his first true love. For the first time since Daisy died we are dealing with tangled chains, separate food, etc. And of course Einstein is always trying to "date" Shiloh. (I thought we got him fixed???)

Lisa's cats are sorting through several issues: diabetes, bladder infection, etc. They both got sick at once and Lisa is busy sorting through every cat issue known to man on Google. Turns out no food is safe and plants are an issue too. My Easter Lily is out on the deck all lonely. The one like I get every year, for 20 years. But Lisa was sure they were both in renal failure so the stuff they do have is sort of good. Maybe? As compared.

I don't know. Cats and dogs get old, the same as us and things wear out. If they would just die in their sleep! The only considerate thing Daisy ever did... yes, really, the only thing.

Because taking them to Do The Thing is just too hard. I've done it three times myself and every time I said I'm never getting another animal! Never! Well, I'm assertive, huh? Good thing I stuck to my guns or who knows. Heh. Well, it may be harder not to have animals. And I know I'm not done with The Trip To The Vet To Do The Thing. No, not at all.

But you gotta have a dog.

Cats just come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pets are helpless so they have no choice than to have some loving individual like yourself care for them. The big difference between caring for your sick pet and caring for a sick family member and vice versa is that family members might clean up your vomit with a paper towel, but pets eat your vomit. HUGE difference.

11:54 PM, April 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my dog could take criticism without resentment.

10:08 AM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home