Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good Luck

Bob and I have decided to say "good luck" to each other every morning instead of "good morning" because we have very little of it. Very little good luck, that is. We hope this will improve our score.

Sigh.

The toilet broke too, on top of everything else that broke last week.

This week we're on the upswing:
The computer will be back tomorrow with its new motherboard; my new monitor should be arriving at work shortly; Bob fixed the toilet and the 3-4-way switch; I am putting in a req for a new calculator at work; I've rigged a containment system for the dripping coffeepot; we hauled the dead car to Rusty in the land-far-away etc etc etc.

On the other hand!
The microwave is still rackety; the stereo I think is going; Mercy still won't go in her house, and there's more I can't think of right now.

Embrace the suck.

In the rest of the family - a crucifix fell off the wall by Alex's bed and hit him in the head, leaving a gash. Now he keeps saying "Jesus hit me!" which I guess is true, really.

Julie and Jeff are leaving for the country of Vermont today (driving) and the airfare promptly dropped $80.

Fine. Who cares. We don't need any dang luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home