Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 23, 2007

At Least I Have A Head

Received this email from Directv:

YOUR RECENT CALL TO DIRECTV
DIRECTV Account Number: *******
July 22, 2007

Sara , thank you for your recent call to DIRECTV. Did you know that you can access your account information 24 hours a day by simply logging in at directv.com?

When you register your account online, you will be able to:

  • Pay your DIRECTV bill or sign up for Auto Bill Pay
  • Upgrade your programming or hardware
  • Order Pay Per View movies and events
  • Update your email subscriptions

Visit directv.com and take advantage of 24-hour online access.

I sent them this reply:

Yes, I did know that I could do this online. Thank you.
Unfortunately, after I went online, dropped the premium channels and changed my basic package, my DVR service was deactivated.
Call #1 (Wait: 10 minutes) The call resolved the issue - but only until I hung up. I had to re-call (Call #2) (Wait: 15 minutes). That call was disconnected almost immediately after reaching a representative.
Call #3: (Wait: 10 minutes) resulted in a permanent correction of the problem.

But! the premium channels that I had dropped (my main reason for doing anything) were now back on. I tried to drop them (again) online, but was told there would now be a $10 fee, for cancelling within 30 days and to call a representative.

Sigh.

Call #4: (very short wait, early Sunday morning ) - I was told that after the charge appears on my statement I should call to have it removed, and that there is no other way to do it.

When I call to have that charge removed I will have made a total of 5 very tedious phone calls as a result of trying to do something online.

Thanks for your help.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DirecTV is the worst. And they make you sign that $*#&@( contract so you are screwed for 2 years. We tried to get out after 2 months and are stuck!

3:27 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home