Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 29, 2007

How I Do Stuff

Tried to do some stuff on the computer last night; incompetent. Called Boob, waited for return call - followed his direction, all is well. Half way through it all the keyboard quit working, found cord had been severed from being stuck in the sliding drawer. Found other keyboard (finally), shut down computer, went to get flashlight out of bedroom so I can see to plug it in back THERE. Power is out in the bedroom. Get flashlight; go find circuit breaker and flip the switch. Reset three blinking alarm clocks. Back to the computer: plug in keyboard (finally) - turn on computer. There is a nasty noise when it starts back up, either needs new fan or hard drive is going bad again (eek). I must back up the whole C drive tonight, just in case.

I finished up my stuff (hmmm what was it again?). Went to bed, fell asleep at 11:30. Alarm clock rings at midnight, not set properly.

Tonight I will start backing up the hard drive.

I expect stones will rain out of the sky and fall on my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home