Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Getting It Together - oh, wait...

Tonight I started clearing out one of the flower beds with tall weeds that has been like that since Bob went to the hospital in 2004; because then it couldn't be done and after that it was too overwhelming. What I did was take cutters and cut down the tall stuff and then use raking and digging rake-dig type implements (wth are they called) and drag out debris. The plan was to then hack and dig out the short remaining stuff with other unknown unnamed implements (I have gadgets! oh boy) and then start digging.

Well.

The ground seems to have turned into concrete, there, in that place. A tree has actually grown there! and then died, so now I suppose it has to be dug out too; dug out of cemented dirt. Maybe a saw... But anyway, my hacking-digging has little effect except to Really Make Me Mad.

Some plants have survived, especially the Lilies of the Valley - mmm I love them - so I don't want to just take a roto-tiller in there (thanks, Gary!) so I think I will wait for a good rain to soften it all up and then go out and hack and dig with unnamed tools. and gum boots.

I ended up sitting on the deck and admiring it from afar. From there you can't tell anything's wrong with it.

Like the plant in my trunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home