Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post Debacle

Ok, the cucumbers invaded, killing everything in their path and then promply died, too, although they have tiny little cucumberites that I don't think will ever see maturity. The tomatoes are lying on top of everything else but dying off too, although we keep reaping them. The pumpkins had flowers which fell off and did not pumpkin. We have zucchini, I only let 3 grow - where's my zucchini bread recipe, btw?

I think the lesson is, don't get so crowded. Yes, thank you whatever. As I always say, "next year!" bwhahaaha

We had lettuce; yes lettuce (omg - I think it's finally done), beans, peas, peppers, tomatoes, so it was not a total loss. and the oregano! should I cut it and hang to dry? But I can't imagine ever making enough Italian dishes to put it into; excuse me, I am not planting any more herbs. I am all good with buying them in nice little bottles. The oregano did very well and if you want it here it all is; come and get it.

and the tomatoes are now a thorn in my side, not enough to can, too much to eat.

Next year: 3 tomatoes. 3 cucumbers no oregano and spread IT OUT. WHATEVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home