Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Ptooey

I had to leave work today to go to the doc and get a steroid shot/pills, because I had a reaction to a skin cream. When I say "reaction", it is not simply a rash. My face swells up (last time I couldn't open my eyes in the morning; that's how I knew something was wrong - now I know to get to the doc faster.) This time it was my face, neck, and my hands - everything that touched that cream.

It's funny; sometimes things don't bother me and sometimes they do. The line of makeup I use doesn't bother me, but if I get a different shade - all hell breaks loose.
Well, I do not like having my choices limited, so I keep trying. We're narrowing things down. I don't wear clothing anymore that has acrylic in it; a lot of sweaters do. All cotton for me. Once in awhile I give in and wear one of my favorite old things, but only if it's for a short period of time - not all day. Even so, I will still start the rash and have to use heavy duty anti stuff, hoping all the while that it won't get bad enough to go to the doc. I can't use any color eye makeup except black or brown (oh well), charcoal is bad, blue is bad; who knows what else.

The doc suggested having allergy testing done, but I won't because what if it says I'm allergic to EVERYTHING? I would have to go to bed. Better off not knowing.

anyhoo - these steroids are AMAZING. I already am improving, pill pack to start tomorrow - probably be back to normal by Sunday.

I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER.

166 days until Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home