Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

It Shall Remain Nameless

The water pipes were frozen here this morning when I got up, so I foolishly woke up Bob instead of just putting heaters around. What was I thinking.

By 9:00 (I went to work - called home) he had melted two of the remaining plastic pipes and set fire to the wall with his blow torch or some such. I call it his flame thrower. He asked me where all we have smoke detectors. ???

I came home tonight to find that I am not allowed to question him about any of this, not even to ask if the fire is definitely out. It is taken as "criticism" of his plumbing skills and "next time we can just pay someone $1,000 to fix it!"

So, it is the Thing I Can't Talk About.

But I am going to buy one of those super duper utility heaters and be ready for next time. Next time I will let him sleep.

I think that would be best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Bob. I woke up to the smell of something burning. I walked downstairs and I saw him there with the kitchen table pulled away from the wall and he was there looking at the pipes on his hands and knees saying, "BOB! You are so STUPID!" Well I ran up to the Home Depot to get all the parts he needed. He said he was able to fix it by 3:00, and that he had to drain the furnace. I don't know what we would do if he were not there to fix it! Well he said the heat tape around the pipes had quit working, but that it was old heat tape (10-15 years old). So at least now he knows what the problem was. I felt so bad for him. I never heard him call himself stupid before...wow...

11:06 AM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home