Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 11, 2008

Free! At Last

I have completed my obligations with the justice system.

I arrived an hour late, having left at 6:00 am and arriving at 8:30. Not kidding. Between snowy roads and lostage, it took that much time. I visited 4 different parking garages before I found the one with the walkway to the courthouse. I had just pulled over to peruse my map (10,000,000th time) when Bob called to say that the courthouse had called, looking for me and that concerned him too, a little, since I had left two hours before. so I was on the point of just going home when I found another map in my stash and light suddenly dawned. It was the sign I had passed at least 6 times in my circling around of the area! The one I thought could not be it, because it looked like it was on a side of a cliff... how could you park there? But it winds around down to the bottom and then there it was. the whole time. I had arrived.

I was juror #42, out of 43. Heh. Maybe because I was late. anyway by the time they weeded out the ones they didn't like and seated 12 jurors and 4 alternates, they had used up 37 jurors. The rest of us were told to go home, our service was complete.

hoorah! and that's that, it's over, I'm done, and can sleep at night again. It took me another hour to find my car in the parking garage, but I'm home now and all is well that ends.

God bless us, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home