Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 04, 2008

Yes, Well, About That Car

The gas gauge needle is swinging wildly again or else staying determinedly on "full". Or "empty". So I have been filling the tank twice a week now, just in case. Last time the needles started swinging the alternator went, and so tonight I had the alternator checked out.

They say the alternator seems fine but I don't know if I trust them. The fuel pump is also working fine, but the fuel "sensor" is an integral part of the fuel pump and that's what they say the problem is. So to fix the gas gauge I must replace the fuel pump (their price: $765.00).

God give me strength.

It still may be the alternator, in my opinion, which means I could very well be stranded next week on my way to do my civic duty, as a JUROR.

Ok, "8's" and "6's" just appeared in my typing. !!! Well, the dog WAS just trying to get on the keyboard but I didn't see her touch the numbers....

Anyhoo I may have to look at buying a new old car since the old old car is a broke broke car.

I hate cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home