Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Organizing

That's what I'm doing: organizing all the cupboards. My big obsession is turntables. I have four of them in cupboards already - I'm even thinking of putting a small turntable on top of a larger turntable.

This must be stopped. or soon everything in the house will be spinning around in circles.

Mercy had a birthday on February 18! One year old. She celebrated by hauling wood in for the fire while she was out on the deck; this actually comes in handy...

We, I think, have found a boarding kennel for her in May so that part is done; now we have to decide whether to drive or fly, drive or fly, drive or fly, hmmmm...... I guess the first step is to chart a route and see how long driving takes. We will have to rent a car of course, but we would have to anyway, if we flew.

Speaking of cars, my broke broke car mysteriously fixed its own self, somehow. Yes, the gas gauge is working again! but now my faith in it has been destroyed, and so I can never rest easy about how much gas is in there. Because of my OCD problem I was almost at the point of filling it up DAILY although there is no way I could have used up 12 gallons a day, just by driving to work. yeah tell that to my brain. Last time it wouldn't even take 3 gallons.

I hate that car.

Bob scared me last night by asking how to put someone's email into his cell phone. Me: "Are you going to email someone?" Bob: "No, I just want it in there." huh? He also wants to know how to use EBay. It's like an alternate reality.

So, we got the email in there but he agrees the EBay thing can wait until this weekend.

and how are all of you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're doing ok.
If you're coming to the North area, hope you visit us, even if it's just the Plattsburgh market.

8:14 PM, February 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mercy! :)

We're still keeping our eye on plane tickets yet but haven't found anything worth buying.... prices are still high. I hope that one of these days they drop - a lot! If it wasn't for the long drive, (and it being just the two of us) we'd probably drive, but.... meh.

Can't wait to just be there. I'm really looking forward to it! The weather here has been SO (!) COLD (!) that I can't even stand it anymore. The beach sounds like heaven on earth right about now.

8:43 AM, February 21, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

anonymous, I think you're Vicky. If that be so we will not be near you. Outer Banks! Private pool! on the beach! 7 full bathrooms! wahooo!!!

5:05 PM, February 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home