Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Proof

I was organizing cupboards (as we know) and got stuck about a stick on light for the corner cupboard that would not light which led to a hunt for batteries. that's how things go. anyhow that led to the discovery that we have a surplus of D cells (not needed for my light) but not AA's (needed) seeing that I bought 12 D's at Christmas for the toys I got the babies, and it turned out that was NOT what they needed, they needed something else entirely. I can't be trusted with these things.

Anyhow. I told Bob that since we have all these D cells we should load up all the flashlights. Now, he and I have a long on-going feud about flashlights, being that he confiscates them all AND WON'T LET ME HAVE ONE, so during a black out he whips out a state of the art sci-fi type light that pierces into the deepest gloom, while I'm bumping around in the dark with a puny candle, complaining piteously all the while. I finally went and bought two on my own, a blue one and a green one - I keep the green one under the fish tank, I have forgotten why, and the blue one has disappeared.

Well. Bob thinks that re-batterying the flashlights is a good plan so within 5 minutes he has SIX of them sitting on the table. SIX. and he says he probably has another six out in the garage somewhere. (!?!) but now we need more batteries after all.

Here they are:Notice the green one. Yep, he had that one too. Probably has my blue one, somewhere.

We talked about dispersing them one in each room, but we only have so many rooms after all and I don't know how many more he'll come up with. Maybe a whole new cabinet for them all? I know, we can call it the Flashlight Cabinet and I can put turntables in there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home