Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Heart/Melt

My centerpiece for the day - who woulda thunk this late in my life it would take so little:Yes, it's summer, again, and small boys are picking flowers for me, again.
You should let some dandelions grow just so you can savor this experience.

We had Kyle & Ryan over night so I sleep on the couch which is a midway point between the two rooms. Kyle always comes down in the wee hours and crawls in with me until the snoring drives him to a chair (3 ft. away? how does it help - he says it's too "noisy" on the couch.) This time I woke up and asked him "wassup" - he says he got poked in the eye and that's why he came down. Luckily for him, gramma was kind of groggy with sleep and not in her usual alert and watchful state of mind, because Liz says this is a pattern with him and he always says he got poked in the eye. because if Gramma had been in her "normal" state of mind it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Kyle could have found himself surrounded with emergency medical technicians examining his eye poke - even at 3:00 am. Gramma Has The Technology. And Has Used It.

and here's the previously broken redbud tree which is having the best year yet - I am still trying out the macro thing that Kim showed me the wonders of, but as I think I have said previously: I am not the world's best picture taker, alas. Better?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a perfect macro shot!

10:21 AM, April 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home