Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yes, Well

Ok, we bought a new umbrella today but Bob would not let me put it up and go sit there because of the 30 mph winds, which is likely just-as-well. And we got bird seed and loaded up the bird feeder but as of yet, the little feathered fiends have avoided it all. which brings me to this question: do I even LIKE birds? they're not the brightest things in the world, having sat at my desk and watched them crash into the front window at the office (what can I do) so I guess it boils down to - I want to feed them and thus feel good about my charity to them. or something.

I really don't know what I'm trying to get out of it. The birds have survived long before I was born and will continue to long after I'm gone - why do I want to feed them? They are not at all concerned about my state of affairs. They don't care at all, if I eat, or if I don't. And they don't take pictures of me eating. They could care less.

But then, I don't think Mercy cares whether I eat or not, either so long as she does (eat).

Whatever. I have to have a dog and I want to feed the (ungrateful) birds and I don't know why and I don't have time to find out why.

It is what it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you??? Hope everything is all right.

9:12 PM, April 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home