Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 21, 2008

Now About These Vegetables

Ok, I have been saying I'm growing tomatoes this year and various other edibles but I can't tell you how much I'm dreading it, having been there and done that and my, it was a lot of work. and ripe tomatoes don't do that well with procrastinators. They are READY when they're READY and by gum you better do something with them because they won't wait. I remember canning and freezing until I was ready to drop back in the day. So I just want to have one tomato a day, somehow, and I'm not sure how to arrange that? Maybe just one plant of each thing... and stay AWAY from zucchini because that will take over your whole property and produce produce produce until you end up using them for doorstops.

The garden has to wait until after the Trip. Maybe it has to wait until I retire. Probably be cheaper to buy veggies at roadside stands. No - Bob wants fresh vegs and we are going to grow some sigh. Well we had better fence them in because we have a yard full of rabbits.

Speaking of that, there were three of them playing under the oak trees one night and I saw one of them head towards our barn, where it dropped dead. Did I tell you this? I don't know if it suddenly reached the end of its life cycle or what. But there it was, a very large, dead, rabbit. If it only could have lasted 5 more minutes it might have made it to the neighbor's yard! Bob is the dead animal handler around here and so he dealt with it by putting it in a garbage bag and putting the bag on his car. ?!? and eventually he took it to a dumpster. days later. I don't know how he thinks. but anyway our digging days are (almost) over.

That rabbit probably didn't get enough fresh vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home