Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sheesh

well, I can't copy my stuff off that bad drive because now my "primary" & "secondary" ide channels have disabled themselves. Evidently that is code for my cd and dvd drives, to which I want to copy my stuff.

Windows troubleshooting suggests uninstalling and re-installing. That sounds scary to me.

All part of a master plot to make me appreciate a primitive life (hammer/stone/chisel). I can't even remember what I set out to do, a week ago when everything started imploding.

Give me strength.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you try the external DVD burner I bought for that Compaq?

2:23 PM, May 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home