Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THERE'S A FROG IN MY LIVING ROOM

BIG FAT FREAKING FROG OR TOAD hopping around. SOMEONE PLEASE COME GET IT OUT. How do you even do that??? If it was dead I would get it out somehow but I don't know what to do here. Can it hop up the stairs, do you think? Because I'm hiding upstairs.

I am now officially on my last nerve. I already cleared up two dead mice tonight one on the deck one in the garage; it's averaging two per day - I seriously thought of storing them up in garbage bags in the freezer until garbage night but then, that's just wrong. I think. ok, well, I'm losing my grip on sanity. and I'm not going to dig little holes all over the yard, either. The mice have all been outside. Nice, good, dead mice have the decency to STAY OUTSIDE at least.

I'm thinking of moving out of the house.

Who did this voodoo/dead/live/animal curse on me? Take it off. Do it now.

I think I have a butterfly/fishing net somewhere. Maybe I can trap it under there and then just wait until it starves to death or something, in several weeks time.

What do you want to bet there'll be a freaking bear in my kitchen tomorrow night. Hopefully a dead one ok, now I am truly insane hoping for dead bears in the kitchen. Whatever.

I have to get a grip.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only you Mom. You should feel eccentric by now. Glad to hear Bob is better. We started packing. We are short timers now. And my ballot is in the mail!

8:35 AM, October 16, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

I DO feel "not quite circular", as I always have done. But that is not what attracted the damn toad, I think.

Pack faster.

9:29 PM, October 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?!?!

Mercy?

2:59 PM, October 17, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

I suppose Mercy could have carried it in; she brought one up on the deck once. Or, it could have been in one of the plants I just lugged in from outside.

3:11 PM, October 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Mercy found a pet of her own! That is too funny. I am sure Mercy would have eaten it by now if she did not find joy in it.

3:29 AM, October 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home