Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Winter Cometh

Tonight I finished out the lugging and stowing and organizing of everything in the garage; so that I have a little cubicle wherein I can park my so-called car. Because my car is OLD, people, and needs tender loving care in cold weather so that it does not fall apart any further than it already has. As it is, the ding dang "service engine soon!" light will not go off, despite having given it a new gas cap - which "Rusty" says is because there are leaks in the pipe into which you feed gas. This of course, besides sounding dangerous, means it will not pass an e-check next year, so we have until August to find a new pipe in the junk yard or I will have to buy a dang new one which he figures around $200; not counting putting it in.

So, whatever.

Today I read somewhere that scientists are now predicting that we are in for a period of colder weather; lasting years. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!? What has happened to my Beloved Global Warming that I was SO looking forward to??!? Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

COLDER weather?? Do we not have cold enough weather round here? God give me strength.
It's another test, I know it is. And that dang Dick Goddard - already talking "wind chill factor" - can't wait until he starts with the "lake effect" and "snow belt" stuff. Oh, and the "heavy snow late tonight" stuff, which they never tell you what "late tonight" means, exactly. Is it after 9:00? or 10:00? or 1:00 in the morning? which is not "tonight" at all, btw, it's "tomorrow". Please clarify. I suppose he'll say "early tomorrow", which again, can mean anything. Anything after midnight and before noon. If they can predict all these global climate changes, you would think they could pinpoint the five day forecast! pete's sake. or at least tomorrow/tonight.

Have to stockpile vodka. That's what they do in Russia. even drink it at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home