Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 10, 2009

H1N1

All the debate about getting the shots/or not, is now moot because two grandchildren already have it. Haleigh (seems to be recovering) and now today, Kyle (very sick). And of course, there's the fact that the rest of their families will more than likely get it too.

and of course, because of the way I am, (YOU DO KNOW HOW I AM? DON"T YOU?) I am beside myself.

Julie et al are in Disney World and more than likely getting infected there, or in the flight, or what not.

Well.
I will just go brood.

/helmets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No one else got it...so your worry was for naught.

7:29 PM, October 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It feels like you would imagine Meningitis...the back of your head and your neck are stiff and wrenches with pain from the fever. Your ears hurt. It starts with a tickle in your throat. When you go to cough at first (because you are a smoker) nothing comes up but you feel something there, so you know it has to come up. So you gag and gag almost throwing up and finally it comes up...brown specs in a mucous. You also get a few sniffles early on and diarrhea is way earlier. At least that is what it was like for me. I think I caught it sometime around October 2, when I texted initially. Then it went away. It comes and goes at first. Then when it comes and stays, it feels like a knitting needle poked into you every once and a while in various parts of your body. Not everyone has the exact same symptoms, but most I know who have had it say it starts with a tickle in your throat and a mild runny nose with 1 or 2 bouts of diarrhea that comes and goes. From October 2 until October 20th is how long it took for it to take over my body. On October 20th, it was so sudden that when I awoke to go to college, I could not get out of bed. I thought I was going to die.

8:56 PM, October 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home