Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Shopping

Dont be alarmed - I did some! And "dont" does not have an apostrophe cause all it does in here is bring up the "find" feature, which is annoying. I will say "do not" from now on.

I did 99% of my shopping online (if only this had been available 15 years ago!), but went to WalMart first thing this morning to finish. Only had to buy one thing, hoorah, I am done! Perhaps I will get the wrapping done before the usual time (Christmas Eve, midnight). Nah.

Buying for little kids is fun, adults not so much. It is harder with the smaller babies because not much stuff they can play with yet. Ryan is the smallest right now. I had a long talk with Ryan when I had him overnight. It was 3:30 AM and he had just had a bottle and WAS NOT ready to go back to sleep. So I put him in his seat on the kitchen table with dangling toys in front of him and we talked. Ok, it was mostly ME talking - the usual nonsense that I say to babies, but he turned his head and listened intently then he started cooing and babbling with the most earnest look on his face - trying to say "hello" back at me. We did this for quite awhile. Bob came downstairs to leave for hunting and wondered what we were doing.

There is a heart clutching moment with each grandchild and it is different with each one - the moment when you know you will love this child always.

Ryan had me at "hello".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brought me to tears. He had me at "waah", ok, even before that because he came into the world pretty quietly.

8:07 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home