Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Many Uses of WD-40

I found this tonight - I have actually done some of this stuff. I am going to arm myself with a new can of it and save the world.



http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/wd-40.asp



In other news:



All the grandsons around here got very sick right after New Year's Day. So Liz had to call off on her first day back at work from maternity leave! Wow. It's the Irish luck side of the family (either all good, or all bad - guess which we have?) I blame Bob. I only had one Irish great-great-something on my side. His mother's side is loaded with it.



Bob will be having surgery on Monday. I have taken off work, but they probably will forget and wonder where I am, and will be mad at me. But they still won't fire me, I bet. Sigh.



The surgery is supposed to help his cancer condition, supposedly done as an out patient, go home the same day, blah, blah. Yeah - right. Already the pre-op yesterday turned into a carnival with a resident telling him he had to go on a heparin (eeek) drip and have injections of some other blood thinner in the abdomen, and get an OK from a cardiologist - I don't know what's up with that, I figure it's because he hasn't been taking his Lasix.



Heparin? Before surgery??? The doctor told him he had to go OFF his blood thinners 8 days before surgery! Here we go, on the Good Ship Lollypop again.



Julie took him to the pre-op yesterday and to the cardiologist today. I have to talk to her; Bob was very confused last night - he told me that the reason he has been on the blood thinners all this time is to THICKEN his blood. God give me strength. So he doesn't know what's up.



The cardiologist today pooh-poohed all of that. It's back to stopping the thinners 8 days before surgery again. Who's right? Who's wrong? Why haven't I left on that cruise yet? just kidding



Maybe we should cancel the whole thing.







powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home