Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 17, 2007

Well

I edited the gallery pics, with names as far as I can, and there you go. Turns out all the little
pop ups were coming up BEHIND the window, before, so I thought I couldn't do anything. But that's just me. doesn't take much to throw me off.

Funny when Mary was telling the waitress that we are all cousins AND half sisters and brothers. That really sounded bad, didn't it? She got it wrong. We are cousins and STEP whatever. since my mother married her sister's husband, after her sister died, that made us stepbrother/sister with our cousins. I guess. Probably a biblical injunction against it; or maybe a biblical mandate, for all I know. anyhow it gets much worse after that; I can't think about it or I'll get a headache. This is why we can never make a family tree it's just too complicated.

And too, Mary is the matriarch - not me. Thank God! It's not a job I think I could handle with any dignity.

I hear Sally Fields did some cussing at the Emmy awards, trying to commend mothers, I think, but I'm confused about it. Mothers of soldiers, I think. Well, thanks Sally! That makes it all alright then... wait... and if women were in charge there would be no blankety blank wars, either? Maybe not, but might be some back stabbing and hair pulling....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Men have always gone to war and women always stay home and weep. (in my case, my women go off to war, so now I'm Really Confused). "so it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind". But seems to me it was a bunch of men that knocked down our towers and those towers contained men AND women. And mothers. And there were children in those planes.

Weep, Women! or fight - I choose fight; any way I can, and however it gets done.

No surrender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home