Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 05, 2007

Ducks

Things I'm thankful for...

Ryan has birthday cake, whole heartedly:
One of three rose bushes lived:

... but I'm being pecked to death by ducks. The ducks at work and the ducks at home - I'm being pecked to death and this duck method is a slow painful process.

I saw a review of a new book about finding things every day to be thankful for, and how it improves your outlook and depression level, etc., etc., the only thing is I can't remember the name of the book, or the author, either, so the chances I will ever read it are pretty slim. But it sounded like a good idea. So there's a couple things I'm thankful for; up top there. Still not feeling much better but I guess it will come.

When I got home today the passenger door on my car wouldn't shut. Great. Back door won't open; front door won't close. This is the so-called car's way of trying to even things out. If I get my car trapped in a body of water I will have to weigh all the options and it might get confusing, as far as getting out, that is. And there's probably a rule against driving with a door hanging open, too, although they don't care much about the ones that won't open, I guess. Go figure. seems backward. anyway if you see a car with its door hanging open, it's me. Honk the horn. I won't honk back because the horn's not working, either. And I'll probably think you're being a traffic jerk, too, so maybe you shouldn't honk. whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home