Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Babble

Spending this weekend thinking about work; trying to stop. You can zone out now, if you want, here goes:

We are doing a job in another state. All our ducks were in a row months ago as far as unions and state & local income taxes and workers comp. But a sub con didn't fulfill his requirements for hiring locally and also, Went On Vacation (!) and is unreachable (!). So we are hiring ironworkers ourselves, locally, to fulfill HIS requirements, to continue this job. This means signing up with another state's wc and withholding etc, On The Fly. rowr along with setting up a new union. I got the wc coverage done yesterday.

I spent the last half of last week either on the phone, or online, printing applications and filling out online forms, faxing employment applications, overnighting forms, etc. etc. during which time the printer starts breaking, more than it has been. This will get me a new printer, but I really don't have time right now to a) go get it, and b) set it up. Have to get payroll done by Wednesday latest.

there, that's out. I will now try to forget about it until Monday. This is using up my valuable free time.

idontgetpaidenoughforthis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home