Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Epiphany

It's clear to me now, that most of this whole danged family lives in some kind of alternate universe with things happening to the left and to the right and at great speed, that seldom happen to people in the other universe. (Bob - hospital - 2004, prime example)

It's like being on some kind of roller coaster to chaos; you make a plan, usually about some small thing and immediately chaos swings into action until finally the plan you had made is the least of your worries and also, forgotten about, because of straightening up everything that happened since or because you thought it up.

Now let's see: what was I trying to do?

I might remember someday.

Now, for some reason totally unrelated, I'm reminded of the Year Of The Turkey Basters. That year in the months leading up to Thanksgiving I needed one as a tool in some project. Knew I had one; couldn't find it. So the next time I was at the store I bought one, well Thanksgiving was coming up, too, so it would come in handy even though I don't do much turkey basting. at all. My new baster got put in a drawer somewhere until I got around to the project. Needless to say it could not be found when it was needed - so I then bought another one. You may not know this but they are relatively cheap. guess what? lost it. Meanwhile I kept accusing Bob of taking all the turkey basters to change the oil in the car or something. So HE bought one when he was at the store. Finally, the week before Thanksgiving I went on the Great Baster Hunt and was successful. There were six of them in the house and one in the trunk of my car.


youcanneverhavetoomany

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny. Six turkey basters...LOL! Good thing you had one in the trunk of your car. Love that! Love you Mom!

5:02 PM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home