Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sleep

Hey, I woke up this morning a whole hour after I was supposed to be at work. Haven't done that in .... 10 years? course having 3 alarm clocks going off at different times helps. But not today! I didn't get fired though (again). Bah.
Yesterday morning I blew a circuit with the hair dryer which of course took out my whole bedroom and the clocks were blinking. So I reset them last night but then I woke up at 2 am and was wide awake until 4:30 (alarms go off at 5:30) should have stayed up then, but I nodded off and I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the alarms. Well, obviously I did not.

And you want to know all this, why?

Anyway, tonight I'm afraid to go to sleep at all. Too similar to going to bed and never waking up at all. Could happen. I hope that's how it goes at the end, anyway. But with my luck... I'll wake up at the mortuary in the middle of the autopsy. aarrgh

We have a lot of oak trees at work and today for about an hour the birds went nuts; dive bombing the trees and swooping and caterwauling and the acorns were hitting the roofs (metal roofs) and ground and everything at all like bullets. I have never seen this happen before. It was absolutely done to knock down acorns, are they in cahoots with the squirrels?? Or do they want acorns, too? But the strangest thing was that at 12:30 they all stopped. at once. Someone explain this to me; I'm living in a science fiction movie.

Is this a sign of a bad winter? Nah.. sign of a mild winter I'm sure. SmileyCentral.comI'm going to ignore winter this year and pretend it's not happening; that's the only way I'll get through it. But I'll probably be wondering why there's all this snow on the ground... during my non-winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home