Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Hello

I have been sequestered with a case of shingles, wanting to keep my path of destruction as limited as possible.

So, I go nowhere. (well, except to work) Two weeks overdue for a hair cut which means my hair is driving me crazy and making me mean. Or maybe it's something else that's making me mean, who knows?

I was overjoyed with my new techno gadget gizmo that I got for Christmas - until Sunday afternoon, when it started reloading EVERY 60 SECONDS. This caused great despair, and contacts with tech support, which led to more great despair. Tech Support always wants to make sure you have it ON and then want you to reset EVERYTHING before they will even begin to address the issue. This is why I am communicating with them by email instead of phone - it gives me more control, I feel.

Anyway last night I reset the gizmo all the way back (per support's instructions), reactivated it - same problems. Which, of course, I knew would happen. So I cold booted the modem and router, and I think that may have fixed it. I will know tonight when I use it for a longer period of time.

Their last email says I should call them on the phone, may need replacement, blah, blah.
I won't tell them it's fixed until I am 100% positively sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home