Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Pot Holders

the silicone potholder that Bob mysteriously disappeared, reappeared just as I was calling his bluff. Oh - wait - you don't know.

Two days ago I asked him where the blue silicone potholder went (I had 3; now I had 2). He said he put it in the dishwasher with the dishes.

Oh.

Then I forgot about the whole thing, cause that's what I do, mostly.

I - me, myself, and I- unloaded the dishwasher today. There was NO pot holder, dammitol. Not that I remembered, at all, at that point, to look for one, but there was Definitely No Pot Holder, Thank You Very Much. I know what I'm not seeing, not that I was LOOKING. You see, I did not realize that I did not unload a pot holder because I was not looking for a potholder; you see how that works?

It turned up, underneath the meatloaf, during dinner, while I was berating Bob about the absence of it.

sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home