Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Help

Although I gave Windstream my cell phone number to call yesterday for the service person they were sending, there were two separate messages on my home phone yesterday, from two different individuals who were both, they said, working on the dsl. One at 1:00 and one at 5:00, who said they would finish up tomorrow (today). In addition, there was yet ANOTHER modem in front of the garage door, with handwritten instructions on it to plug it in and wait for the dsl light to remain steady (it does not), and that my old one would NOT work. Well none of the three/four modems work, for their information. and is he referring to my new/old modem or my old/old modem? I have no doubt this person was yet another THIRD person in addition to the two that already left messages; and yet I still have no dsl. But at least it seems I have a whole team of people working on the problem. I feel important.

I now have four modems, counting my old/original one. I suppose I have to send three of them back at some point.

In my attempt to upgrade my dsl speed I have almost succeeded in cutting myself off from all outside communications, although I have loads of equipment. The home phone isn't working so good either, now.

I know this does not happen to everyone, does it? It must be some kind of static electricity in my person that garbles conversations and confuses everybody that I talk to, and zaps all electrical equipment/gizmos.

grief despair and agony on me

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home