Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mercy Marie: Bringer of Mouse

Isn't she all pleased with herself. Out there chomping on what I thought was a stick - heh - I'm bad at identifying wild life. Then she wanted in the house so I let her in, where she climbed in Bob's chair and put it in his lap. He comes out carrying it by the tail, and says "look what your dog brought me!" (always MY dog in these situations) To which I replied, "oh, Thank God!" by which I mean of course, I'm glad it was HIM and not me. If it was me, I wouldn't even have slowed down by now.

We've lost all control - the animals are in collusion. The cats bring down the prey and leave it outside for the dog to bring in. Because cats are LAZY, we all know this. What a system. Angelo was pacing the living room, enraged because HE didn't have a mouse. Not fair.

Now I call Bob, the "Remover". Everybody should have one of these. To remove your surplus mice and toads.

Knowing Mercy, she probably wanted us to throw it back and forth for her, like we do her other "toys".

OK, I don't hate wild life but I prefer to admire it from afar. Very far afar. Wild life should be IN THE WILD not in your lap.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have quite the team going...Cats to kill the mice, Mercy to bring it in the house onto Bob's lap, Bob to take it God only knows where, and you to pray by saying Thank God. That was hilarious! LOLZ! Angelo was pissed cuz he proly caught it and Mercy got all the credit...LOLZ!

7:16 AM, September 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I admit - I laughed.

Just look at that smile on her face!

Haha

12:46 PM, September 12, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

They call that the "Golden Smile". All Goldens have the goofy grin.
But, yeah, she was laughing at me.

4:27 PM, September 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home