Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Info

The news when I get home tonight:

Grandma Weaver, who was admitted to the Clinic for tests (pulmonary hypertension) is now in the position of having her doctor say to get the family together to decide whether to continue or start, "aggressive"treatment, or just to make her "comfortable". !!??!!

Gary's in Florida, so I am headed to the Clinic tomorrow, by hook or by crook, (we have icy roads and lake effect snow heading in). I have already called off work and David & Loretta are standing by with vehicles that can make it in, if the roads are bad. I need to see the doctor and find out just what exactly is going on. I have said this before, I think, but I really believe that hospitals kill people. this has been my experience.

Now the doctor says she has an "auto immune disorder"although we don't know what - which does not let enough oxygen into the blood, and a "hole in her heart" - I believe she has always had an hole in her heart, from having had rheumatic fever when she was younger, and she had heart surgery before.

She has gotten progressively worse since being admitted to the hospital. Just saying.

In case you don't know, Grandma is my stepmother - she was married to my father. I'm just telling the doctors that I'm her daughter and they can put that in their pipe and smoke it.

I'm for the aggressive treatment. What the heck are they talking about, anyway? I don't trust these people.

So be warned - if your care falls into my hands, I may have you aggressively treated. It's important to me, that your life goes on. Is this wrong?!?

The older you get, the more horrible things you have to decide, some people more than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home