Half Empty

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started." - Donald Rumsfeld

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 12, 2009

First Time In My Life

.... this freaking damn thing remembered my user name and password. although I tell it to, every single damn time. (lo, these many years. woe) It's not like I have anything to hide, my so-called life is open for review by any and all complete freaking MORONS that there are. what the hell? lessee, what shall I need to hide... hmmmm

Are things improving? Why, heck, no.

Computer is wheezing and groaning and actually shut down the other night (I let it cool down for a week and it is (at the moment), so-called working. I have managed to make a backup to an external drive that I, in my wisdom, got some months ago. The chances of me ever getting my data back OFF that drive into some other thingy-dingy are, slim, to NONE dot Zero Zero Zero

so, thinking ahead as the foresightful person that I am, I thought to make DVD's of a) My Music, and b) My Pictures - both of which are the ONLY important things on this POS crap pile piece of computer.

Once again, and as always, in my recent lifetime, the dvd drive will NOT recognize a) that it is a dvd drive and b) that it is supposed to actually do SOMETHING USEFUL other than sit there in My Computer and impersonate an actual working piece of equipment.

So I have put a large parcel of My Music onto my mp3 player, and at least I will have THAT. and now I will go look for my flash drives, which are who knows where. they are very small, you know.

also, in my WISDOM, I started saving for a new computer some time back, and I now have, "FIFTY DOLLARS" towards the damn new computer, which, no doubt, also will make my life a complete living hell.

but, hey. It remembered my SIGN IN. by gum. first time.

the devil lurks

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Acer is more powerful than your daggon PC. Time to stop the PC Biz. Get rid of it and your troubles will be gone... Good thing I reminded you to back up your stuff. ***Bows*** Now go and get rid of that damn energy-hogging PC of yours. It's pointless. All you have to do is take your Acer up there. The Acer has more hard drive space. Connect the two and VOILA! Put your PC files on the Acer. Too easy. Mom, you are starting to forget the baby steps.

1:04 AM, December 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home